The WiSA Association consists of audiophiles, gadget lovers, musicians, marketers, and technology professionals who are passionate about wireless entertainment. Our team believes that wireless technology should connect seamlessly, be easy to use, and provide high quality audio experiences. Together with our partners, we work to define and implement worldwide standards for high-resolution, multi-channel, low latency audio for TV, movies, gaming, and music.
As experts in wireless solutions, we understand that you may have certain questions not only about our organization, but also about wireless technology in general. Below, you can see some of our most frequently asked questions and the answers to those questions. If you have a query that’s not answered on this page, don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
The WiSA Association works closely with over 60 well-known and respected brands. Some of our most notable brand members include:
- Bang & Olufsen
Collectively, our group works to define a world-wide standard for wireless, high-resolution, multichannel audio.
We believe that wireless technology has almost limitless potential. It can drastically improve both the home audio experience and the aesthetic of our entertainment centers. That’s why our mission is to make wireless technology simple and easy to use without sacrificing audio quality in the process.
Our technology consists of components that are designed to maximize the audio experience through wireless solutions. We work with our members to help them create products that are able to effortlessly connect with other devices while maintaining the robust sound profile you expect from wired connections.
The WiSA wireless audio specification allows for up to eight channels of uncompressed 24-bit, 96KHz audio with an extremely low 5.2ms of latency and less than one microsecond of synchronization between speakers for a perfect audio experience.
In collaboration with our brand members, we’ve helped to develop a wide range of WiSA-certified and WiSA-ready products. This includes TVs, game consoles, transmitters, speakers, and more.
- WiSA-Certified: Products bearing the “WiSA-certified” logo are able to connect and work seamlessly with other WiSA-certified products.
- WiSA-Ready: A product bearing the “WiSA-ready” logo is “ready” to transmit audio to WiSA-certified speakers once a WiSA transmitter is attached.
There are a bevy of advantages that come with using WiSA-certified and WiSA-ready products. Here are some of the benefits you can expect to experience.
- Plug and Play: Because every WiSA-certified component is engineered to work together seamlessly, setup could not be easier. Simply unpack the device, plug it in to a power source, and enjoy. Forget the speaker wires and confusing setup, you can be listening to your favorite artists or watching a thrilling movie in minutes.
- It Fits All Setups: Looking to build a setup from scratch or want to add an immersive sound experience to your media center? WiSA-certified speakers and components can be added to the mix anytime you please. Just look for the WiSA-certified or WiSA-ready logos on your favorite audio devices.
- Powers All Your Experiences: The WiSA-ready platform can be integrated into a wide variety of devices. This includes TVs, video game consoles, virtual-reality devices, and audio/video (A/V) receivers. If all these technologies are WiSA-ready, then they can transmit to WiSA-certified speakers from any one of our member brands.
- Double the Audio Quality: WiSA transmits 24bits at 48kHz/96kHz, that’s twice the quality of CD audio.
- Nearly Zero Latency: Our technology is able to produce less than 1/10th the latency of a Bluetooth audio device. That means no visible lip sync.
- Perfect Synchronization: All speakers in the system are certified to be synchronized within 1/1,000,000 of a second, even when using all eight channels.
- Scalable and Seamless: WiSA products are able to automatically recognize audio configurations from 2.0 to 7.1, and even 5.1.2.
Yes. Our brand members have requested Dolby Atmos integration and we listened. By adding this feature to our technology, our members can create even better wireless audio products for consumers.
The WiSA Association is dedicated to improving your home audio setup. Experience immersive, high-resolution sound with our WiSA-certified and WiSA-ready products.
If you’d like to learn more about our company and technology, contact us today.
WiSA is an international trade association comprised of leading audio, CE and manufacturing brands who collectively define world-wide standards for wireless, High-Resolution, multichannel audio.
© 2020 WiSA Association. All rights reserved.